Friday 22 April 2011

my mood light!

This post is a review of Philips' LivingColours LED Moodlight Lamp in Black. Before I start I must say I haven't been asked to write this review, but thought I would do it anyway because I want to share with you guys how much I love it!


Although this photo doesn't capture the whole appearance of the light, it pretty much is what it is. My light is black, but there are 4 types altogether: white opaque, black opaque, white transparent, black transparent. Even though mine looks opaque, it is really transparent, and the colour doesn't bother me at all: I'd have preferred white to go with my room decor, but I'm not too bothered about it because it's only a small light and isn't a huge clash with the room colours (my room is pink and cream). 


The remote is cool too. It looks really technical, and it is a little, but when you get used to the buttons you'll find it's not hard to operate at all. The top bar is the on and off buttons (you don't press them, but just rub them with your finger like you would a laptop pad). The circle is obviously the colour wheel, and you can choose pretty much any colour you'd like on the whole wheel. In the middle is the strength of the lighting - if you want it dimmed, you touch the dimmer button, but if you want it strong you touch the stronger button. Finally, at the bottom is the brightener pad. If you want the lighting to be really bright, you touch the brighter button, but if you want a low lighting you can touch the lower button. I personally don't see much difference in the brightener and the strength buttons, but some people obviously do if the buttons are there. 





My webcam is pretty rubbish, therefore delivers poor quality on each photo, but you get the idea of what kind of colour ranges the light provides. I keep mine facing the wall, so it doesn't shine in my eyes but gives my room a glow. I don't really have a particular colour I choose, but more or less choose a colour depending on my mood (guess that's why they call it a mood light!). My favourite would probably be red, because it's dark but I'd go with any colour really. 

I hope you enjoyed this review and consider purchasing this item. I'm not sure exactly how much it costs but it's definitely worth it, whatever the price, trust me! Mine had a bit of difficulties to start with, as there were batteries provided but they didn't work, so I had to change them, but that's the only problem I've had with the light - it's not a problem-prone product at all in my opinion so far at least. If you do decide to buy this light, do tell me because I'd love to know if you did! 



No comments:

Post a Comment